There is a reason to celebrate: My 30th picture book anniversary! In 1993 my first picture book was published. This was followed by a number of others, which have been translated into more than 30 languages and awarded internationally. And a lot has happened beyond the books as well. What exactly? Well, that's what you can see in this commemorative publication:
- Born 1967 in Leverkusen
- Trained as a retail bookseller
- Graduate of Radcliffe Publishing Course 1990 (Harvard)
- Freelance author since 2000
- 132 published children's books (as of 6/2023), translated into more than 30 languages
- Mother of two wonderful and grown children
Awards & Special Features beyond books
- February 2023 - Felix Murals are chosen by 1,700 children in the Bergisch Land Region for the Swimming and Spa Complex in Blütenbades Leichlingen, Germany's first sustainably certified spa.
- January 2023 - to present - Volunteer Contribution: Felix visits children in the Kidney Dialysis Unit (Verein für nierenkranke Kinder e.V. –Association for Children with Kidney Disease).
- December 2020 - Annette Langen serves as VHS Ambassador of the VHS Bergisch Land
- 2020 - Volunteer Global Project: Felix against Corona is translated into many languages
- 2018 - Annette’s 100th book is published: Oh Schreck, oh Schreck, der Strom ist weg, illustrations by Catharina Westphal, Ravensburger Verlag.
- 2016 - World Book Day: Ich schenk dir eine Geschichte - Im Bann des Tornados is published in a print run of 1.2 million.
- 2015 - Deutsche Post issues two Felix stamps with a print run of 66 million.
- 2015 - Annette receives the award "Book of the Year / Flying Turtle Award in Iran" for Letters from Felix, Book City and The Research Quarterly of Children and Youth's Literature, February 2015.
- 2014 - "ITB Berlin Book Award 2014" for Felix in the category: Travel Books for Children, presented at ITB Berlin, March 2014. ITB is the world’s largest tourism trade fair.
- February 2014 - Annette Langen joins Soroptimist International, the world's largest service organization of professional women with socio-political commitment.
- Summer 2013 - Felix is appointed SOS Children's Ambassador.
- 2012 - Annette Langen becomes patron of Mentoring Coesfeld, which provides individual support for children with reading, speech and writing difficulties.
- 2011 - Annette Langen becomes a reading ambassador for Stiftung Lesen (Reading Foundation).
- Golden Record Award (Goldene Schallplatte) for Letters from Felix, presented at the Leipzig Book Fair, 2010.
- 2008 - "Decade-Project Education for Sustainable Development" by UNESCO for the "Bonn Path of Biodiversity.”
- 2006 - Book Felix bei den Kindern der Welt is awarded Favorite Choice, Association of Austrian Publishers (Buchverband Austria).
- 2005 - North Rhine Westphalia Prize "Art and Culture for Children and Young People" - Artists meet with children and young people– Annette Langen’s Project for Solingen Elementary School, Solingen, Germany
- 2001- Annette Langen Gemeinschaftsgrundschule Solingen, Annette commences her service as school sponsor, serving from 2001 to 2016.
- 1999 - Felix decorates the children's area in the Leichlingen indoor swimming pool as a mural.
- 1995 - Feather of the Month Award Recipient (Feder des Monats) for Briefe von Felix/Letters from Felix, Netherlands
- 1995 - Letter from Felix is honored by the Society for Youth and Social Research as an "Pedagogically Valuable Picture Book" that can make an important contribution to international understanding and international solidarity.